The simplest recipe of them all, with just a handful of ingredients and a blender, boom! You’re done! This basic recipe is the perfect starting point for trying out ackee in new ways in fact, it’s where my ackee experimentation began.
By varying the consistency:
- Increasing or reducing the amount of water used;
- Substituting the water for coconut milk/cream or some other dairy-free milk substitute; or
- Tweaking the amount of nutritional yeast used
there are countless variations that can be made.
What do you think? As always feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below. If you make this or any of the recipes on this site, be sure to #amazingackee and @amazingackee so I can see your posts across social media.
Until next time, thanks for stopping by 😊
Savoury Ackee Cream
- 1/2 cup Parboiled ackee
- 1/4 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Nutritional yeast to taste
- Lemon juice just a squeeze
Puree all ingredients till well combined.
For a thicker cream reduce the water - start by adding one tbsp at a time
Make it creamier - substitute coconut milk/cream for the water