Silly food holidays are kinda my thing 😜 (one of my very many things if I’m honest 😆), so just for fun on this National Sandwich Day, here’s a roundup of some amazing ackee sandwiches 😉
- Ackee Smash Burger – This epic burger gives you a taste of the Caribbean islands in every bite!
- Ackee Ribbon Sandwiches – A nutrient packed take on the colourful cheese paste sandwiches I grew up using ackee bean spread making them 100% vegan
- Chickee Salad Sandwich – This upgrade on the vegan chickpea salad uses ackee mayo for a soy and nut free filling to your lunch sandwich or wrap
- Chai Spiced Ackee Sandwich Cookies – Sweet sandwiches should get a taste of the spotlight on National Sandwich day too right? These cookies are reminiscent Jamaican bulla cakes
- Fluffy Ackee Biscuits – Love a breakfast sandwich? Ackee biscuits are the perfect tender flaky canvas to build upon.
- Rainbow Bagels with Ackee Cream Cheese Spread – Grabbing that morning bagel? What about a rainbow bagel smeared with ackee cream cheese spread?
- Ackee & Asparagus Pita Pockets – Tuck roasted asparagus and ackees into a pita pocket with tomatoes for s duper fast and satisfying lunch!
- Stuffed Focaccia – It’s technically a sandwich right? Stuffed with ackee, andouille sausage and charred red peppers and onions, it’s sure to satisfy.
- Chicken Salad Sandwich – Left over chicken and ackee mayo throw together to make a quick and delicious lunch!
That’s it for the recipe roundup. As always, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below. If you make any of the recipes linked to above, be sure to #amazingackee and @amazingackee so that I can see your posts across social media.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time 😊